PREFABRICATED/MODULAR SITE BUILTPolycore Pre Fab - Site Built units are suitable for site offices, accommodation, classrooms or any other situation where a quick, easy and robust building solution is required. CONTACT US
Typical uses of our prefabricated units have included; Mines, Remote construction sites, Rural Schools, Clinics, Training centers, Agriculture, Police and Military.
Our prefabricated units are designed, manufactured and installed to every individual client’s request.
Visit our Gallery for some ideas from our projects.
The Technical Details
The Polycore prefab building is erected on a previously prepared concrete slab.
The walls are 60mm thick Polystyrene panels pressure bonded with 0.58mm ridgedised Chromadeck under doors and windows resulting in an extremely strong panel with excellent insulation properties ( U-value = 0.6W/M² ºC).
Internal doors of the Polycore prefab are 40mm hollow core construction with a decorative woodgrain finish on the internal surface. External doors are made from 38mm chromodeck panels.
Exterior doors are fitted with a 3 lever mortice lock and interior doors with a 2 lever mortice lock.
DOORS AND WINDOWS
The openings for doors and windows are fitted with aluminium sub frame sections into which the door panels and windows are fixed.
It is not necessary to fit a suspended ceiling due to the dual purpose roof panel used but a suspended ceiling can be fitted if desired.
Joints between the roof panels are sealed by the application of a membrane tape with sealant to the supplier specification.
The insulation value of the roof and ceiling panels is the same as for the walls. For buildings exceeding 7 meters in width primed and coated steel roof trusses are utilised with Galvanized IBR or Chromadeck roof sheets to client specifications.
Electrical installation is to client specifications.
- Wall switches and plug boxes are flush fitted.
- All wiring is concealed in the Polystyrene core.
- A fully equipped distribution board is supplied / fitted with each building.
- A Certificate of Compliance is issued on request.
Plumbing Installation Supplied / fitted to the clients’ specifications using copper pipes for supply and PVC for waste and sewerage.
- Kitchen and bedroom cupboards in oak melamine with postform tops to match or as per client specifications.
- Floor cover to customer requirements, either 1.6mm / 2mm industrial vinyl, carpets or ceramic tiles.
- Air conditioners supplied and fitted as per customer requirements.
- Burglar bars and security gates.
- Curtains or blinds
- Geysers – electric or gas as specified
We strive to improve our products on a continuous basis and therefore reserve the right to change specifications without notice.
Other Advantages Of This System Are:
- Electric wiring can be concealed in the core of the wall panel.
- No condensation problems – as can occur in timber cavity wall construction.
- The 60mm thick polystyrene core has excellent insulation properties ( U-value = 0.6W/M² ºC), is fire retardant (16FR) and does not give off poisonous gases in the case of a severe fire, as is the case of some Polyurethane / foam insulation materials.
- The Chromadek skins have a butt jointed profiled edge which gives a flush weatherproof joint.
- The wall panels are screwed or riveted to the base channels and can be dismantled should the building ever need to be relocated elsewhere.
The same panel system is used for the roof and ceiling as for the walls for buildings with a maximum width of 7 meters.